Ashdon Village 2012 Show Rules
Show Rules 2012
To be held in the Village Hall, Ashdon. All queries to Show Secretary Ian Herd or telephone 01799 584357.
- The show is OPEN TO ALL RESIDENTS OF ASHDON, and all members of Ashdon Gardening Club.
- Entries to the children's classes will also be accepted from Ashdon school and nursery children, and members' grandchildren.
- All exhibits in classes 1-55 must have been grown by the exhibitors.
- Only one entry per person per class allowed.
- No entry fees for members of Ashdon Gardening Club. Non-members a one-off entry fee of £1.00 for entry to all classes. No entry fees for children.
- All entry forms should reach the Show Secretary by 5.30 pm on the Friday before the Show together with any entry fees. Late entries may be accepted on the day of Show providing they can be on the Show bench by 10.30 am. BUT SUCH LATE ENTRIES WILL INCUR A FEE OF 25p PER CLASS for both members and non-members.
- Points awarded in each class will be 3-2-1. No points will be awarded for class 55. The Judges and the Show committee have the power to withhold or modify any placing where they consider the exhibit to be of insufficient merit.
- Children's entries must be the work of the exhibitor and age of child (under 14) must be stated on the entry form and rear side of the exhibit card. Additional prizes will be awarded, at the Committee's discretion, in classes with a wide age range of exhibitors.
- No exhibit to be removed before 4.00 p.m. Any exhibit not required after the show will be auctioned EXCEPT those marked with a red dot on the entry card and the proceeds will go to the Ashdon Gardening Club.
- Handicraft and cactus/succulent prize-winning entries must not have been previously shown at Ashdon Village Show.
- Pot plants must have been in the care of the exhibitor for more than 3 months.
- Section 2: Exhibits displayed in vases should be exhibited to be viewed from the front (as opposed to being viewed all round).
- Section 4 will be judged to NAFAS* rules, Sections 5 and 6 to NFWI** marking standards
- Any disputes will be settled by the Show Secretary and Officers of the Ashdon Gardening Club.
- Class 55 is open to members only; members may only enter the plant provided by the Club.
*National Association of Flower Arranging Societies
**National Federation of Women's Institutes